JOB TITLE: Job Developer
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Paul Grossman, Director of Workforce Development
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Identify and recruit employers who hire formerly incarcerated and justice involved men and women. Responsible for creating and continuously developing a list of friendly employers who will interview and/or hire participants. Work directly with participants to coach and send out on interviews and follow-up.
Key responsibilities of the Job Developer include but are not limited to:
Business Strategy and Analysis
• Envision, develop, and implement a strategic plan for placement services that ensures EXODUS meets its participant placement metrics.
• Conduct reviews of existing EXODUS business partnerships regularly, evaluate employer demand and usage of EXODUS services, and determine improvements and ways to leverage relationships with employers.
• Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals in accordance with EXODUS’s contractual obligations.
Relationship Cultivation and Maintenance
• Research conduct outreach and build relationships with prospective employers willing to hire EXODUS participants and who have hiring needs that match the skills, experience, and interests of our overall participant cohort.
• Deepen relationships with existing employer and internal partners.
• Schedule and conduct daily prospecting, cold calls, and face-to-face meetings.
• Serve as the liaison among employers, participants, and our criminal justice partners.
• Screen and match program participants with employment opportunities, taking into consideration each participant’s skills, work experience, interests, and goals and aspirations.
• Customize participants’ resumes to fit identified opportunities.
• Manage a caseload of participants, support and coach them around applying for jobs, navigating the hiring process, and finding and securing right fit employment.
• Document all participant and employer contact, activities, and outcomes in our case management system, Salesforce.
• Travel to and support Job Developers/Outreach at the Harlem office and other Exodus Hotel (as needed).
• Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
· A High School Diploma or its equivalent.
· A job bank with a list of employers who have hired justice involved population.
· Experience in vetting and creating new relationships as well as maintaining long term employer relationships.
· Possesses a good understanding of the employment land field, unemployment rates, job sectors, tax incentives/bonds.
· Ability to travel (as needed) to Harlem office, Exodus hotels and to employer sponsors.
· Has lots of positive energy, friendly and skilled at networking.